Students win at prestigious Bradford textiles awards
Please click on the edit button above to get started.
NUA BA (Hons) Textile Design students have been rewarded at this year’s Bradford Textile Society Awards 2016 – 2017. Established in 1893, the Society’s annual Design Competition, with a total prize money of over £10,000, is unique in its breadth of coverage and attracts almost 1,000 entries from students throughout the UK. This year NUA students were successful in several categories, as follows:
- Rebecca Wilkinson (Year Two student) won 2nd prize for her submission (pictured) in the Prestigious Textiles award
- Leah Bolton (Year Two) and Mark Mann (MA Textile Design) were awarded Commendations in the Prestigious Textiles award
- Jenny Ross-Nevin and Lucy Perfect (both Year One students) were awarded Commendations in the Joseph.H. Clissold Award
- Shona Morris (Year Three) student was awarded a Commendation for The British Wool Marketing Board award
- Jessica Gower (Year Two) student was awarded a Commendation for the Clothworker’s foundation award
This competition, one of the oldest of its kind, is regarded by many as the most important event in the annual programme.
Post published: 26th January 2018
Last modified: 4th June 2021