Skip to content
Image/Video Carousel

Student Resident Assistant

Are you an existing Student of our University? Are you a resident in one of our Halls? Would you be keen to get involved in supporting the residents in your building? Then this role could be for you.

In each of our Halls, we are seeking Assistants who will be willing to work as a part of a team acting as our residents’ first point of contact, out of hours. This is a supportive role, and you will be helping to ensure the safety and wellbeing of your peers. You’ll also be a key member of the accommodation team in your building.

There will be an expectation to help with arrivals and departures, organise and run social and wellbeing events and undertake some out of hours administration to help with the smooth running of the residences.

Comfortable with taking responsibility, you will be confident in dealing with situations and knowing when to escalate to a higher level. An ability to remain impartial is needed, alongside being sensitive to student needs.

Ideally you will be a current resident in the Halls you will be working in for the academic year 2023/2024 and must be prepared to live in the Halls for the academic year 2024/2025.

You will be fully supported in your role by the University Student Support Team and will have the opportunity to participate in meetings with other Student Resident Assistants and University staff. Full training will be given, especially in the areas of Fire Regulations, Health & Safety, mental health and emergency first aid.

Please note that this is a live-in role, and the Student Resident Assistant will need to live in, and pay rent for, the building that you are working in, dependant on where the role is situated. Therefore, it is essential that you are a current student at Norwich University of the Arts. The University offers three Halls of Residence: Duke Street Riverside (central Norwich), Beechcroft (Sprowston) and Rochester Court (Earlham).

Salary: £13.62 per hour

Application forms should be emailed to quoting ‘A1060’ in the subject line. You will also need to state the name of the student residency in which you will be based for the Academic year 24-25.

Please note that we can only accept application forms in either PDF or DOC format.