Skip to content
Image/Video Carousel

Guidance for EU applicants

We continue to welcome EU students and are committed to doing all we can to support EU applicants who want to study with us. The following page provides information for EU applicants following the UK withdrawal from the European Union on 1 January 2021.

EU students starting a course in the UK from 1 January 2021

You will need to check if you need a UK visa, if you’re planning to study in the UK from 1 January 2021. 

Citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland who were living in the UK on or before 31 December 2020 can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS). You have until 30 June 2021 to complete your application.

The application will be free of charge – consisting of an online application form with identity, security and criminality checks.

If you were not living in the UK before 31 December 2020 you will not be eligible to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme and will need to apply for a Student visa. Norwich University of the Arts is a licensed student sponsor for students who require a visa to study in the UK.

Tuition fees and student finance

Students with settled status and pre-settled status –

If you are an EU student who is planning to start a course in September 2021, you will be eligible for student finance if you have citizens’ rights and meet the residency requirements. For EU students this means that you must have settled status and have lived in the UK or Islands for at least the last 3 years before your course starts, or pre-settled status and have lived in the UK, Gibraltar, EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland for at least 3 years before your course starts.

This means that you will pay the same tuition fees as UK students, and will be able to apply for a tuition fee loan, providing that you can provide Student Finance England with evidence.

We will assess your fees as home fees if you are able to provide us with information of your settled or pre-settled status. Please note that this does not guarantee that you will be granted a tuition fee loan by Student Finance England and you will need to be able to demonstrate that you meet the residency requirements in order to qualify.

Students who will be entering the UK after 1 January 2021

If you are a Citizen of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland and you do not have settled or pre-settled status you will need to apply for a Student Visa if you wish to study in the UK. This means that if you are starting a course in September 2021 you will pay the International fees as advertised on our website.

See the fees and funding pages for more information.

Find out more information on the Government’s website.

Need help? Chat to our friendly recruitment team

We are pleased to work with you to discuss your questions at any stage of the application process.

Call Email Instagram Facebook
For further information about anything on this page call +44 (0) 1603 756249. International Office: +44 (0) 1603 756249